We are currently seeking an Office Manager. If you are interested in working with us, please review the information below and submit a resume and cover letter (2 separate documents, not a resume and email) via email to Maddie Dunn. You get bonus points for creativity, and good writing makes us smile. Women, people of color, and people who identify themselves within the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply. Email submissions only.
Reports To: Director of Operations
Compensation range: $11-$14 an hour, this is a full-time position
Position Open Until: January 22, 2017
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited four-year institution or 1 year related work experience.
Location: Downtown Raleigh, NC
Summary and scope of work: The Office Manager (OM) is responsible for managing and developing many of the organization’s administrative systems and communications. The OM will oversee the management of the office in general, including general back-up reception and answering telephones, coordinating communication with outside contacts, coordinating administrative systems, maintaining vendor relationships and records, assisting with the production of documents, managing supplies and publications inventory and fulfillment, and the coordination of mailing efforts as needed.
Specific Duties Include:
- Schedule travel, meetings, and conference calls for the Leadership Team and keep calendar items up to date; communicate items to Staff, Board, and others as needed
- Organization of Board & Staff Meetings
- Back up Reception – Answer phone; receive deliveries
- Retrieve mail from Post Office and distribute
- Schedule all office equipment repairs
- Order and stock all office supplies in accordance with the budget
- Prepare mass mailing for select meetings & events
- Provide administrative support to other members of the Leadership team
- Read, distribute, send and archive e-mails
- Edit and proofread documents as requested
- Timely updating and management of donor database
- Prioritize assigned tasks
- Compose routine correspondence
- Basic bookkeeping, to include data entry, preparing payroll and expense reimbursement.
- Support for other projects as needed
Job Related Strengths/Competencies:
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Working knowledge of general office procedures
- Strong written and oral communication and listening skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while paying a high level of attention to detail
- The ideal candidate will function well in ambiguity and fluidity. If ambiguity scares you, this isn’t the position for you.
- This position requires the ability to exercise initiative and judgement. The ideal candidate will not be afraid to make decisions and execute them.
- The ideal candidate will understand and support the ethos and mission of Love Wins Community Engagement Center.