Love Wins Ministries is a grassroots community that in 2007 began building relationships with downtown Raleigh’s population of people living without a home. Believing that homelessness is at its core a relationship problem, by making and keeping promises over time we seek to build authentic peer relationships with our neighbors who are marginalized.
Love Wins is looking for interns to help us serve our neighbors and build our community, both at our hospitality house and through field work alongside staff members.
Job Type: Internship, part-time, 15 hours per week.
Position Length: three months.
Compensation: None, but you may raise your own support.
Location: Downtown Raleigh, NC
Our interns generally help us in all aspects of our work – a typical day may have you answering the phones, writing thank you notes, throwing a baby shower, taking someone to the food pantry, or playing cards in the kitchen. In other words, there is no typical day.
The right person for this position is confident, not afraid of ambiguity, and not afraid of being wrong. If you have all the answers, you probably won’t do well here.
We are heavily invested in management by End-State. We give desired outcomes and guidance, and then we leave you alone until you ask for help. Your job is to accomplish the tasks – our job is to provide you the resources to be successful. If you need to be to be heavily managed, you will probably be happier somewhere else.
A sampling of routine intern tasks includes:
- Answer phones and take messages
- Run errands when necessary. (Ex. Running to the grocery store for inventory items)
- Possible car run to food pantries, donation pick up sites, or donation drop off sites.
- Minor office administration tasks.
- Inventory pantry supplies once a week and report to the Operations Manager.
- Maintaining minimum cleanliness, as communicated by the Operations Manager (Ex. Dishes, vacuuming, etc.)
- Beginning conversation with people, making people feel welcome, and engaging with the community.
- Planning community wide events, individual events such as baby showers, and assisting in communication of that.
- Confident and not afraid to be stretched
- A self advocate
Then you are perfect for Love Wins Ministries!
How To Apply?
Please go to our Contact Us page, and then send a resume and cover letter to te Operations Manager. The positions are open until filled. Bonus points for creativity, and good writing makes us smile. LGBT and women candidates are encouraged to apply. Email submissions only.